Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Hangin' at Las Colinas...

Yesterday I got to go help run the AV at one of the seminary's big fund raisers. It was at the Las Colinas club and resort in Irving (near Dallas). The Las Colinas golf course is a stop on the PGA tour every year where the Byron Nelson Championship is played. This year's event will be played on my graduation weekend.

Can I say...it was crazy nice. Although I didn't get to play golf (that costs major $$$ at a donor event) I did sit and watch guys hit into the 18th green. The course was perfectly manicured. Inside the resort there were people everywhere who would serve you. I went into the internet business room to check my email and a tuxedo clad guy comes up to me and asks what he can do for me drink or food wise. At lunch I sat down after getting my food and the waiter immediately comes to pour my tea, and then he takes my cloth napkin and drapes it across my lap...that has NEVER happened to me before. Those type of things always freak me out because I wonder what they are doing.

Well...it was a fun day, and it makes me want to play a little golf myself. Alas...I shall wait until seminary is finished for those excursions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»